Entries Open Until: 31 October 2018
INFORMATION FOR FILM MAKERS
The 2018 festival may be the last festival that we can afford to run.
There will not be any entry costs this year.
There are NO entry costs this year:
Please IGNORE the payment instructions below
The film maker may enter any number of films in each of the following categories;
• Short Film
• Short Documentary
• Music Clip
• Short Films that are shot with an iPhone or Android (Experimental)
• Student Cinematography
• Feature length
FILM MAKER CONDITIONS
- Complete the online entry form.
- A movie still or film poster in JPEG or PNG format is preferred but not compulsory.
- A short one (1) line synopsis of your film is required.
- Short Film length is considered no longer than 30 minutes duration.
- At least 90% of the entry content must be made in the Northern Territory or the Film Maker must be a permanent resident of the Northern Territory.
- Entries must be original works and all content copyright, to the Film Maker including the music and images.
- Films submitted with commercial musical tracks will NOT be accepted unless proof of permission can be shown.
- Entry into the CDFF implies the unencumbered use of all or parts of the entry for screening or promotional purposes.
- CDFF reserves the right to exclude an entered film without prior notification if the content is deemed inappropriate for this festival.
- The film content should fall under the MA15+ Classification.
- ‘Home movies’ will NOT be accepted.
- Should your film be rejected, CDFF will provide a reason as to why it cannot be screened.
The preferred digital entry format is outlined below. However, the CDFF will accept the best quality output that is available from the film maker. The CDFF is geared toward a wide screen cinema format and will output entries for display on the screen in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio (1920 x 800 pixels). 16:9 entries will be pillar boxed (i.e., black strips will appear on either side of the screen).
• Quicktime Container (.mov)
• MXF OP1a Container (.mxf)
• ProRes (.mov)
• H.264 (.mp4)
• 1920 x 1080 Aspect: 1.78:1 Minimum
• 1920 x 800 Aspect: 2.4:1
• 2048 x 858 Aspect: 2.39:1
• PHOTOJPEG 80% Progressive
• H.264 High Definition
• ProRes LT
• XDCAM HD 50 PAL
Audio format (Stereo Only):
• 16/24bit 48kHz PCM Uncompressed
• MPEG AAC (mp4a 192 Kb/s +) Stereo
• 25 fps
• North American 29.97fps or traditional film 23.98fps, or digital 24fps may be considered, provided there are no playback issues.
• Multiplexed files i.e. audio, video and subtitles in a single file
Entry File Name Format[Film Name] [Director’s Name] [Duration] [Resolution]. [File Type]
• Away Wood_Joe Citizen_7m28s_1920x800p25.mmm
• Lizards Lair_Mavis Jones_ 29m08s_1920x1080p25.mmm
• Willows Brook_Angela Waters_12m37s_2048x858p24.mmm
Non return of media policy
Any media sent to CDFF will not be returned.
Submitting a Film
1) COMPLETE THE ENTRY FORM – (Click Here)
2) PAY THE ENTRY FEE
• Via Credit Card – (Click Here)
• Or, via Direct Deposit:
Charles Darwin Film Festival
(Include the director’s name in description field)
3) UPLOAD YOUR FILM (There are 2 ways to send us your film);
a) Upload to your cloud and send us the link via email;
Upload the film to your cloud storage (Google Drive, Drop Box, One Drive, etc.). Email your link to us and allow us one week for download.
b) Or, upload it directly to us;
(Patience required as upload may take a little while)
The classification, although formally not evaluated, should aim for the MA15+ Australian Classification or weaker. Films deemed by the CDFF organisers to be of stronger classification may not be screened without prior notification.
The content is strong in impact.
MA 15+ classified material contains strong content and is legally restricted to persons 15 years and over. It may contain nudity, sex scenes and drug use that are strong in impact.
A person may be asked to show proof of their age before entering the screening venue. Children under 15 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian for the duration of the film(s). The parent or adult guardian must also purchase the movie ticket for the child. The guardian must be an adult exercising parental control over the person under 15 years of age. The guardian needs to be 18 years or older.